Hey all. I thought I would take a turn writing this week. Let's see, to start with we have had a pretty normal week around here. The temperatures are still in the 80's and the air conditioner is still on around here. We had all the doors and windows open yesterday and it was beautiful outside, a perfect Spring day. Obviously, with Thanksgiving only days away we are having a hard time getting into the spirit of things. A nice overcast or rain would be great--I guess we will just have to wait and see.
Michael has had physical therapy 3 times this week for his knee. He is seeing improvement, although it is slow going and will be a while before he is able to move the way he used to. He is hoping to be in shape for Freshmen football next year--I am hoping he chooses golf instead!
Mark is busy playing his saxophone and learning new music. He finished his flag football season on Saturday with 5 wins and 3 losses. He enjoyed playing with friends, but he didn't like the loosing part too much. Mark also got to have his Mother as his substitute Math teacher this past week. He didn't think she was too mean ( I thought she was rather tolerant) but he has had people who told him otherwise--I guess I should find out who said that and give them the optional homework that I didn't make them have!
Jason also finished his soccer season on Saturday with 5 wins 0 losses and 3 ties--which makes his team undefeated. This is the first time he has been on a team that has never lost! He is very excited about that. He earned his flag football belt loop this week at Pack Meeting as well. He has already survived his Mother being his substitute teacher and thinks that she isn't too bad.
Joanne and Julie's team also finished the soccer season last Saturday with a record of 4 wins 3 losses and 1 tie. That is pretty darned good for a bunch of 5/6 year olds.
Joanne went to a friend's birthday party on Friday and as part of her gift, gave her a Book of Mormon. Joanne picked up another copy at the church this morning to give away to someone else this week. She is a great example to us all of what the lack of fear can do for one when it comes to sharing the Gospel. She is looking forward to Mom being her sub on her birthday next week. She thinks that this is a great Birthday present--I am sure her brothers are glad that this is her birthday gift and not theirs!
Julie is looking forward to her Thanksgiving Feast and play this year. She is doing this with her 4th-grade Buddies class and her 4th-grade Buddies just happen to be Jason and his friend Ryan Williams. She and Jason think it is great to be each other's buddy and it has helped their relationship grow a little closer this year. I think it is great too, because I am helping to make the stew by volunteering my time once, and my Crockpot, and I get credit for helping two of my children. I love it when life works like that! Anyway, Julie has been singing us her Thanksgiving songs--she is a turkey in the play--and she can't wait to perform in front of an audience. Joanne is sad to miss it, though, and I would have had to miss it too, because I will be subbing in 8th grade--Michael's language Arts class--but I got someone to sub for me for 15 minutes so I can run down and see the play. A sub for a sub--there is an interesting concept!
Kent is in much demand as a soccer coach. All the parents and children loved him and want to know if he is coaching next season. How can you say no to that! So he has told them that he will coach the 7/8 year olds in the spring. Joanne will be on his team, but we will have to find someone for Julie to go with. He is also reading "The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe' series right now. He is on his last book and has enjoyed his readings so far. He is still busy at work and with his High Council duties.
As for me, I try to keep up with the daily grind--made easier now that the sports season is over for the time being. But I have found that Physical Therapy for my son has filled in that gap, at least 3 times a week. I am also keeping busy with all my subbing. I try to sub 2-3 times a week if they need me. It is great to be at a place where I know almost everyone on staff--I also get to see my kids more during the day than I would normally, which is kind of weird. Whenever I have a prep period I just go down and see them in their classes and help if time allows. The down part is that the house stays dirty and the dinners have to be planned well in advance--but we don't starve and although all the children have had strep throat in the last two weeks, I don't think is has to do with my not thoroughly clean house--at least I hope not!
We hope you all have a great week and we continue to love to hear from you all.
Sunday, November 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I love hearing about your family. We are really looking forward to your trip out here next month. Glad to know things are going well for you all.
You're going to Texas for Christmas? Everyone's going to be in Texas for Christmas . . . Cheri & Dave, Kari & Dave, Karen & Bryan, Kaylene, Scott, Kevin & Laurie, and now Kent & Christine. Sheesh! If it wasn't a 29-hour drive, we'd join you. Makes me anxious for Colorado in July.
Post a Comment