
Arizona Andersons
October 28, 2007
Ok, you're all making me feel bad for not writing. The reason I don't write so much is because I write too much! Just watch, I'll start typing this letter, and 30 minutes later, I'll finish, having written volumes about how great our kids are, how busy they are, and how proud we are of them. It'll probably take you almost as long to read it, with possible enjoyment, but maybe not (I've found that it's really up to you how you interpret my writing)!
So, anyway, here goes...
You see that picture at the top of my message? That used to be the view from our backyard. It's now gone. It's been replaced with a Super-Walmart. But not to worry -- we won't have to see it after they replace our 6-ft wall with a 10-ft wall to comply with city code about houses right next to a major roadway. Yes, they finally built that parkway behind us that they've been threatening to build for the last 6 years. My plan is to paint a mural on our side of the wall and put my favorite view back!
We now have all 5 kids in school! And, currently, all 5 go to the same school! The Peoria school district has elementary schools that run K-8. We've been at this school since it opened, so we now have a good rapport with most of the teachers there. They tell us they love our kids. Christine has started substitute teaching at the school. The kids actually love having her there, though they try to roll their eyes as much as possible to make sure we know the risk of having your mom say something embarrassing to you in front of your friends.
We prevailed upon Michael to try out for the school flag football team, instead of playing in a local tackle league (too much time and expense). Well, our hopes of escaping injury were dashed. In one game, as he was falling, a big fat kid landed on his knee and bent it the other way. The doctor thinks it's an ACL tear. Michael, of course, told us he felt fine. That way he could keep playing. This was really important as the next game was against the school where all his friends from church go. He couldn't miss that one. So against our better judgment, we gave in to his incessant pleading and let him play. He did great! They won their game. It was the only victory their team has had in 2 1/2 seasons! He played the rest of the season with a knee brace on. When the final game was over, he told us that his knee was really hurting him -- a fact that we could plainly see by this time, since his knee was popping out of line as he walked. We've got an appointment with a specialist today. I sure wish he liked golf better than he likes football!
Well, you've just been saved. It's scripture time. I'll have to cut this short -- Hallelujah! Maybe I'll write next week and give you an update on one of our other kids. At least I sent a message before Dean did! If I had seen one from him (or from his lovely assistant) before I wrote, I would have felt really bad!
Take care. We love you all!
Kent
No comments:
Post a Comment